At the Envision stage, we review the basics of natural computer interactions technologies, see how other companies are leveraging natural computer interactions, dive deeply into the value that you can deliver to your customers and business through these capabilities, and discuss possible ways to identify use cases for natural computer interactions to improve your business. Follow these steps to get started learning about natural computer interaction technologies, and complete the pre-Design checklist to attend the Design sessions.
Step 1: see how other companies are leveraging Natural Computer Interactions
- Mattel leveraged Bing Speech API and Language Understanding Intelligent Service (LUIS) to create a voice-controlled digital assistance.
- Jumptuit used Microsoft Cognitive Services to gain intelligence by analyzing documents, images, videos, and files.
- GreyMeta leveraged Computer Vision API, Face API, and Emotion API in the GrayMeta Platform to sample video frames and perform analytics on them.
- Coca-Cola used facial-recognition capabilities from Cortana Intelligence Suite to effectively engage Coca-Cola fans.
Step 2: click here to watch the past Envision webcast
Step 3: complete this pre-Design checklist (required to attend Design)
Prepare with videos:
- Watch this recording on getting started with Microsoft Cognitive Services.
- Watch this recording on getting started with bots.
- Watch this recording on Azure Bot Service to go deeper into how to use bots.
Get started writing code with Microsoft Cognitive Services’ APIs:
- Complete the tutorials on Computer Vision API, in either C# or Python.
- Complete the tutorials on Emotion API in either C# or Python.
- Complete the tutorials on Face API in either C#, Python, or Java.
- Complete the tutorials on Bing Speech API in either C#, Java, or Objective-C.
Get started creating your own bot.
At the Design stage, the Microsoft technical team will show you how to quickly design and architect robust solutions that incorporate natural-computer-interactions-based capabilities, using your business and technical requirements. You will be able to consult with Microsoft experts, learn best practices, and build a design for your solution. Follow these steps to learn how to design your natural computer interactions solution, and complete the pre-Accelerate checklist to attend the Accelerate sessions.
Step 1: click here to watch the past Design webcast
Step 2: complete this pre-Accelerate checklist (required to attend Accelerate)
To be the most productive, attendees should have the following items prior to the Accelerate session:
- Knowledge of Azure Cognitive Services including text analytics, computer vision, and/or speech processing, and completion of the pre-Design requirements
- Machine configured with Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio Code.
- Goals for the event (e.g., implement feature x, migrate module y)
- Application requirements/design
- Access to an Azure subscription
Attendees from System Integrators and companies NOT engaged in producing software, software services for resale may not find this valuable.
At this hands-on event, the Microsoft technical team will work alongside your engineers to build a working solution based on your design (or an architecture design we helped with at our Design event). At the end of this event, your team should have a working proof of concept to demonstrate how AI-based capabilities can be used to augment your applications and services and bring value to your customers.
Given the nature of this code-based event, onsite attendees will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and hackfest.
To get the most value out of the Accelerate event, attendees should have the following items:
- Laptop with your preferred development environment and tools set up
- Application requirements and design (e.g., clarified technical approach) of a potential solution
- Data set(s), or access to data set(s), relevant to your project
- Access to a subscription in Microsoft Azure (or create a free trial subscription)
If you have any questions, please contact us at: USMicrosoftISVTeam@microsoft.com or 1-844-434-USDX (8739)