At the Envision stage, we review the basics of big data technologies, see how other companies are leveraging big data, dive deeply into the value that you can deliver to your customers and business through these capabilities, and discuss possible ways to identify use cases for big data to improve your business. Follow these steps to get started learning about big data technologies, and complete the pre-Design checklist to attend the Design sessions.
Step 1: see how other companies are leveraging big data
- VerticaLive used Azure Machine Learning to bring more efficiency and intelligence to maritime transportation.
- iConnecCAST used Azure Machine Learning to make TV more engaging.
- Jumptuit used Microsoft Cognitive Services and Azure Machine Learning to gain intelligence by analyzing documents, images, videos, and files.
Step 2: click here to watch the past Envision webcast
Step 3: complete this pre-Design checklist (required to attend Design)
Prepare with videos:
- Information Management: Watch this recording on monitoring and managing big data pipelines with Azure Data Factory.
- Big Data Stores: Watch this recording on building a fully managed, petabyte-scale, secure data store with Azure Data Lake Store.
- Analytics: Watch a recording introducing Azure Data Lake Analytics and adding big data to your applications.
Get started building your big data pipeline:
- Complete a Data Factory Tutorial
- Complete a Data Lake Store Tutorial
- Complete a Data Lake Analytics Tutorial
At the Design stage, the Microsoft technical team will show you how to quickly design and architect robust solutions that incorporate big-data-based capabilities, using your business and technical requirements. You will be able to consult with Microsoft experts, learn best practices, and build a design for your solution. Follow these steps to learn how to design your big data solution, and complete the pre-Accelerate checklist to attend the Accelerate sessions.
Complete this pre-Accelerate checklist (required to attend Accelerate)
To be the most productive, attendees should have the following items prior to the Accelerate session:
- Machine configured with Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio Code.
- Goals for the event (e.g., implement feature x, migrate module y)
- Application requirements/design
- Access to an Azure subscription
Attendees from System Integrators and companies NOT engaged in producing software, software services for resale may not find this valuable.
At this hands-on event, the Microsoft technical team will work alongside your engineers to build a working solution based on your design (or an architecture design we helped with at our Design event). At the end of this event, your team should have a working proof of concept to demonstrate how AI-based capabilities can be used to augment your applications and services and bring value to your customers.
Given the nature of this code-based event, onsite attendees will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and hackfest.
To get the most value out of the Accelerate event, attendees should have the following items:
- Laptop with your preferred development environment and tools set up
- Application requirements and design (e.g., clarified technical approach) of a potential solution
- Data set(s), or access to data set(s), relevant to your project
- Access to a subscription in Microsoft Azure (or create a free trial subscription)
If you have any questions, please contact us at: USMicrosoftISVTeam@microsoft.com or 1-844-434-USDX (8739)