At the Envision stage, we review the basics of artificial intelligence technologies, see how other companies are leveraging artificial intelligence, dive deeply into the value that you can deliver to your customers and business through these capabilities, and discuss possible ways to identify use cases for artificial intelligence to improve your business. Follow these steps to get started learning about artificial intelligence technologies, and complete the pre-Design checklist to attend the Design sessions.
Step 1: see how other companies are leveraging artificial intelligence
- See how Brainshark leverages artificial intelligence to take sales to the next level.
- Mattel leveraged Bing Speech API and Language Understanding Intelligent Service (LUIS) to create a voice-controlled digital assistance.
- Jumptuit used Microsoft Cognitive Services to gain intelligence by analyzing documents, images, videos, and files.
Step 2: complete this pre-Design checklist (required to attend Design)
Prepare with videos:
- Watch this video that demonstrates the power of artificial intelligence for workplace safety.
- Watch how the Australian agricultural industry is leveraging artificial intelligence.
Prepare with articles:
- Read about Project Emma, which is helping Parkinson’s disease patients.
- Read up on how Microsoft used artificial intelligence to help crack down on tech support scams worldwide.
- Read about how Microsoft Pix provides iPhones with stylistic flair.
Get your project ideas ready by doing the following:
- 1. Have some potential project ideas and scenarios for building AI into your applications and/or services, with well-defined business and technical requirements.
- 1. Identify potential data set(s) and their source(s).
- 1. Be ready to articulate architecture perspectives (e.g., current state vs. target state) and engage in whiteboarding discussions.
- 1. Have a basic understanding of AI technologies you’re considering using. Or start with these Microsoft AI technologies:
At the Design stage, the Microsoft technical team will show you how to quickly design and architect robust solutions that incorporate artificial-intelligence-based capabilities, using your business and technical requirements. You will be able to consult with Microsoft experts, learn best practices, and build a design for your solution. Follow these steps to learn how to design your artificial intelligence solution, and complete the pre-Accelerate checklist to attend the Accelerate sessions.
Complete this pre-Accelerate checklist (required to attend Accelerate)
To be the most productive, attendees should have the following items prior to the Accelerate session:
- Knowledge of the following:
- Machine configured with Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio Code.
- Goals for the event (e.g., implement feature x, migrate module y)
- Application requirements/design
- Access to an Azure subscription
Attendees from System Integrators and companies NOT engaged in producing software, software services for resale may not find this valuable.
At this hands-on event, the Microsoft technical team will work alongside your engineers to build a working solution based on your design (or an architecture design we helped with at our Design event). At the end of this event, your team should have a working proof of concept to demonstrate how AI-based capabilities can be used to augment your applications and services and bring value to your customers.
Given the nature of this code-based event, onsite attendees will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and hackfest.
To get the most value out of the Accelerate event, attendees should have the following items:
- Laptop with your preferred development environment and tools set up
- Application requirements and design (e.g., clarified technical approach) of a potential solution
- Data set(s), or access to data set(s), relevant to your project
- Access to a subscription in Microsoft Azure (or create a free trial subscription)
If you have any questions, please contact us at: USMicrosoftISVTeam@microsoft.com or 1-844-434-USDX (8739)